UPDATED: Great Customer Service by Vallarta Grocery Store on Main Street

Article: by JG of TNT

Tulelake, CA— Yesterday, I went by the new Vallarta Grocery Store on Main Street next to Veterans Park. I just left Jock's with what I needed to get there. But I still needed to pick up a gallon of milk on my way home.

I went inside to see about picking up and buying a gallon of milk at $3.99 on my way home. But they were out of stock. And I jokingly mentioned something about having them deliver it to me. Like in the old days when the milkman delivered milk to our homes in some of the neighborhoods we lived in during the good old days.

The clerk Edwardo who knows me by name said. “James the milk should be here in about an hour and half." But, I said "I was not coming back today to get it with the weather the way it was yesterday." I was fighting bit’s of ice being blown at me from the head wind I was fighting walking up main street.

I made a joke that maybe they could deliver it to my house. And Edwardo said, “Sure James, just write down your address and I will have someone bring it to your house later.” I said “OK. Are you sure?” And he said “Yes” “Si” Yes, in Spanish.

Then, I left and continued to fight the bad stormy freezing cold rain and wind heading home to my apartment on Fourth Street.

I decided after working on a few other things on the TNT blog to take a nap to recharge my batteries. I was fast asleep, but I am a light sleeper. When I was awaken at the front door by a young man I have known since he was 12 years old and is now 16 years old and a Jr. at Tulelake High School. It was Jose Christian Hernandez who was at my front door. And after I opened it. Christian says to me, “Did you order some milk delivered, sir? I said, “Yes, how did you know? Christian then brings the gallon of milk he was hiding behind his back and brings it up forward towards me in-order for me to transfer the milk from Christian's hands to mine.

I then invited Christian in so I could get the money for the milk, as the Vallarta Grocery Store is only able to accept cash right now. They do cannot accept credit/debit cards yet, but they plan too later on down the road in the future.

I gave the 4, one dollar bills I had and gave them to Christian to pay for the milk and I had no other cash left and I will give Christian a tip for being a delivery boy to my house with a gallon of milk the next time I see him.

I ran into Christian the other day when I was at the library, when I needed to print out some copies of my articles to post at the post office, until I can get a printer hooked up to my computer and get the professional XOROX copier in my living room printing correctly without streaking all the copies. It may be low on the toner and I need to check it, but I have not had time to do it yet, or even look into it.

While I was there at the library the other day I ended up spending $10.50 on the glassware the library is selling to help cover the electric bill. I spent part of the $15.00 I got from the Carrols for the green Rubbermaid Garbage can on wheels, I sold to them the other day, that I posted pictures of it on FACE BOOK. And I used a card box to bring the glassware home to add more to my collection of glassware I already have in my living room, LOL!. I will take and return the cardboard box to the library some time Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

As Christian was leaving I mentioned for him to give me a call later. As Christian and I do talk on the phone when he calls me. And I am waiting for Christian to get written permission from his parents before I can allow him to come over and visit. His mother wrote a permission slip for me before when I had a TNT stand on main street back in 2010 when Christian was 12 and helped me with that event I was promoting by the old Palmer Gas station that no longer exist anymore and has since been torn down.

Christian will more than likely touch base with me some time today or in the next few days by giving me a phone call as my phone number is listed for anyone to call me or find me. After all, it is the weekend and Christian I am sure has other things to do than, call Mr. Garland.

Have a nice day,

JG of TNT

RELATED STORE: Third choice for shopping in Tulelake for groceries.

Tulelake, CA— There is a new store and taqueria in Tulelake located at 348 Main Street.

Villarta Grocery Store and Taqueria
348 Main Street Tulelake, CA 96134

Phone # (530)-667-2525

Open 7:00 AM Closed 7 PM

(New) Link ----> Related Story: Villarta Grocery Store and Taqueria

Comments