Refilling the Catchment tank



In the place where I live in Hawaii they have Catchment tanks for use as taking showers, washing dishes and the toilets. They catch the rain, but there sometimes is not enough rain to fill the tanks.

The tanks are 10,000 gallon tanks that store water from the rain. But sometimes there is not enough rain to fill the tanks. So a water truck has to be ordered to bring more water to put in the tanks. Similar to like when propane or kerosene is bought for those tanks where people live on the mainland.

This is most certainly a different way of life than most people expect when they think of Hawaii. They think of beautiful beaches with lots of white sand. But that is not the case on the Big Island has an active volcano. People work hard here to survive, not that other places are not like that too.

As Rudy was pumping the water in the Catchment tank he shared with me that he was pumping about 4,200 gallons of water today. He used what looked like fire hoses that he connected to the tank from his water tank truck.

He used another pipe fitting to hold the hose in place in order to fill the Catchment tank. Now there is water pressure once again for showers, dishes and flushing the toilet. Things that people on the mainland take for granted.

There is someone else I know who is discovering the island in his van. Where he has a brother and sister and daughter that lives here. Everyday he travels to some part of the island or spends most of his time in Kona where his family lives. He has a retirement income that helps him to be able to do this kind of exploring of the island.

Right now he is checking into a place in Hilo that is a cabin, that is off the grid, that he might be moving to next. I have only been to Hilo once since I have been here. The day I went it was not raining, but from what I hear it rains a lot on that side of the island.

Kona is the dryer side and where I live in Ocean view it is a little on the wet and cooler side, even though it gets hot here too. There are variations of weather conditions throughout the entire island.

These are things I was not aware of before I left on this adventure. As time goes on and I get more comfortable I will try and explain more details about the Big Island, that most people were not aware of, or even knew.

"You have to believe you've got it before you can receive it." In other words I have to believe God is going to see to it I am successful here before it happens. God will send me what I need in order to not suffer and be who He wants me to be right here and now.

A-men!

James Garland

Comments

  1. james YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not doing good, call me at 530-708-7852 or email me at Tulelakenews@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment