Lost on Amtrak trip to Redding

Two things you will never have to chase: True friends and true love.

JgTheBoss 102.7 fm KNTN

KTNT 102.7 FM REPLAYS

JgTheBoss LIVE on MixCloud and the local FM 102.7 KTNT Klamath Falls, Oregon

Date : 3/17/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 17, 1 PM to PM KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Date : 3/16/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 16, 8 PM to 1 AM KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Date : 3/10/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 10, 7 AM to 1 PM KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Date : 3/09/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 9, Midnight to 6 AM Overnights KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Date : 3/08/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 8, Midnight to 6 AM Overnights KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Date : 3/07/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 7, 6 AM to noon KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Date : 3/05/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 5, 6 PM to Midnight KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Date : 3/03/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 3, 6 PM to Midnight KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Date : 3/02/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 2, 6 PM to Midnight KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Date : 3/01/2024

Late Night with JgTheBoss March 1, 6 PM to Midnight KTNT 102.7 fm

Click Here To Listen

Lost on Amtrak trip to Redding

Never give up and never quit. Where there is a will, there is always a way...

Redding, CA- Finally arrived from Klamath Falls on Amtrak to Redding, CA, on Tuesday March 12, 2024.

Got on the Amtrak train on time for its departure from Klamath Falls, Oregon and was assigned to a seat at the rear lower deck of the train car for seniors and disabled passengers like me with either a wheelchair or a walker like mine. My seat was at the rear of the Amtrak car heading south to Redding, CA., with an expected arrival time of 2:31 AM.

Upon entering the Amtrak car, I was met with a person in the rear of the Amtrak car where she mentioned she was a retired Amtrak employee who gets to ride for free. She is the second retired employee I have met on my trips on Amtrak.

The first past retired employee was on my trip in September coming back from Portland, to Klamath Falls. She was retired from Amtrak, but she mentioned she worked at Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA., and that she would get in touch with me.

She never did, not even up to this point in March of 2024. Oh well, it is her loss not mine, IMO. Have yet to hear from her from the trip from Portland to Klamath Falls.

Not up to this point in March of 2024 anyway.

Finally after recognizing Gold Street Liquor Store I knew where I was at now in Redding, CA. Took awhile as it had been 10 plus years since the last time I stepped foot in Redding, CA.

Now that I knew where I was at I started to head towards Safeway on Cypress Ave. It was still a light rain but everything was getting wet now. I then pulled out the black covering for this very thing to help keep from getting all my stuff all wet.

I noticed on my way the Safeway there was a new motel in Redding called Red Roof, right where the Pondarosa used to be on that same pace. The only thing I could think of at the time was what happened to it and who owned the Red Roof now. Or was the Red Roof owned by Myers Motels the company I worked for back in 1986 to 1988 as a laundry driver and part time desk clerk at the Capree and Motel Orleans on Hilltop Drive.

Things sure have changed since the last time I was in Redding. And the new buildings in the downtownn Redding area I had never seen before. This was going to be an interesting trip rediscovering Redding all over again with the all the new changes.

To be continued

tulelakenews.online

Past Radio shows

Auditions for Book 2, book tours

James C. Garland-a very creative, talented and unknown poor person, but rich with ideas!

James Garland of Tulelake New Times

321 N 5th Street Apt #15
Klamath Falls, OR 97601

Send sources on local and national news:
Email: tulelakenews@yahoo.com
Cell # (530) 708-7852

Comments